Safety Resources and Courses
OSHA Recommendations for COVID-19:
• Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
• Tome Medidas para Prevenir la Exposición de los Trabajadores al Coronavirus (COVID-19)
• 2020 Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Safety Training for Employees:
One area of emphasis for the Natural Stone Institute Safety Committee is employee training. 75% of stone industry injuries come during the first year of employment. To access a sample training program for new employees, click here.
- UPDATED VERSION Safety in the Stone Business
- UPDATED VERSION Silicosis: An Industry Guide to Awareness and Prevention (English)
- Safe Stone Shopping
A three-minute video designed to provide safety guidelines for consumers entering a natural stone showroom or fabrication facility. Presented free of charge courtesy of the Natural Stone Institute’s Safety Committee.
- OSHA Inspection Planning Checklist
A general overview of policies and items needed to be prepared in advance of an OSHA inspection
- Be Prepared for an OSHA Inspection
(NEW!) A summary of the most frequently cited standards following inspections of fabricator worksites by federal OSHA.
Natural Stone Institute Safety Websites:
Natural Stone University
(Over 100 Free Safety Courses)
Online Store Resources
Natural Stone Institute Safety Committee
We would like to give a special thank you to all current and past Natural Stone Institute Safety Committee Members. Without their generous support of time and resources, many of these resources would not be available to the industry. To learn how to get involved with the Natural Stone Institute Safety Committee, email Mike Loflin.
Thank You to the Natural Stone Institute Safety Committee